Cheers to the CIPRs – another award-winning night for Peppermint
Posted By Emma
Eight glasses of water – check; paracetamol – check; stodgy food – check. It can only mean one thing: we’re CIPR winners – AGAIN!
That’s right! Our fit-to-bursting trophy cabinet has gained three more shiny statues, after another victorious night at the CIPR North West PRide Awards, where we scooped gold for Public Sector Campaign, silver for Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy, and silver for Corporate Communications Campaign.
The judges firstly applauded our team for their work with Let’s Adopt – the third campaign on the trot that we’ve won a gold CIPR award for! This year’s campaign Give Us A Voice focused on the simplicity of loving parent/child relationships, while allaying concerns around adopting from a target group, such as older children, sibling groups and those with complex needs. In addition, the campaign used Let’s Adopt’s third anniversary and the milestone of creating 100 families as a springboard for the recruitment drive.
To ensure the campaign’s messaging reached the hearts of the target audience, it was essential we used every tool at our disposal – the children being our biggest champions. With an extremely low budget to work with, we devised a strategy that encompassed both earned and owned media channels, maximising Let’s Adopt’s strong community ties and relationships with previous adopters.
We worked with the Let’s Adopt team to ask children what would be on their ‘wish list’ for a mum or dad, briefing social workers to ask as open a question as possible. Mindful of the sensitivities surrounding anonymity, yet aware of the emotive power a child’s voice carries, we enlisted the help of actors to record the responses. The audio clips were edited into a one-minute recording, with the council’s executive member for children’s services delivering the sign-off.
Determined that the campaign was much more than a press release, generating regional coverage given that the campaign was exclusively local in nature, we worked with three case studies – each one having adopted from within a target group. Their stories were then used across Let’s Adopt’s website and social media to promote Give Us A Voice, while they were also offered as case studies during media liaison.
Key highlights from the campaign included:
- A 100% increase in web traffic on the day the majority of media coverage landed
- Overall increase in the number of adopters being at assessment stage compared to previous year. There are now 14 in total at various stages of the process, with approvals expected in July, August and September
- Coverage achieved across every target print, online and broadcast media, including Lancashire Telegraph, The Bee, and BBC Radio Lancashire
- 100% of media coverage included details of Let’s Adopt campaign messaging to recruit adopters for the target groups
- Following the success of the campaign, Let’s Adopt plans to use the audio as part of its ongoing engagement with potential adopters.
This was all executed on a budget of just £1,000!
If that wasn’t enough, we walked off with a silver award for the creation of National Conversation Week – an integrated marketing campaign devised for Paymentshield, which had the clear aim of promoting the benefits of purchasing financial products through a professional adviser, as opposed to using an online aggregator site.
After registering National Conversation Week as an official UK awareness week, a website was designed and built. The site held content that was created for download, including an infographic, poster and social media graphic for people to use to promote the awareness week.
With the foundations laid, we put a strategy in place to get people talking, while at the same time:
- Engaging the media – this was achieved through media relations and targeted physical mailers to mortgage trade titles
- Sparking the attention of mortgage advisers – in addition to the coverage in the trade media, we contacted advisers via an email campaign to Paymentshield’s adviser database
- Generating social media engagement – this was generated through guerrilla marketing and coverage in the consumer media.
The all-encompassing campaign certainly got people talking – talking to Paymentshield, that is! During the month of the campaign, the provider:
- Celebrated its best month of sales since 2012
- Secured 6,972 policies
- Enjoyed new business growth of 26%
- Hit year-on-year growth of for the month of 16%.
Not bad, eh?!
We’re now busy planning and executing award-winning campaigns for 2018, but if you’d like to find out how we can deliver stand-out work for you, email us on [email protected], or speak to Andy Smith on 0161 941 4252.