Calling all budding photographers!
Posted By Peppermint Soda
Maguire Family Law launches ‘Capturing Altrincham’ photography competition this weekend
This spring and summer, our client and local business Maguire Family Law is bringing a community-wide, inclusive photography competition to the people of Altrincham, Bowdon and Hale. They want to encourage our thriving community to get out and about and capture images of the wonderful area where we live, work and study. Maguire hopes the competition will bring everyone together, encourage as many as possible to take part and really celebrate this stunning slice of South Manchester.
Anyone who enters is in with a chance of winning £750 for first place, £250 for second and dinner for two in a local restaurant for third place.
All ages are welcome, and the photo can be of anything, as long as it represents this area in some way — whether that’s the people, the natural environment, landmarks or local wildlife.
Any camera will do — even your phone. Just make sure it’s a good quality image, as the final shortlisted images will be printed out and blown up later in the year.
The shortlist will also be displayed in a local exhibition, and the winning photographs will be revealed at a special event in September. The event will include a charity raffle and the chance to buy prints of the shortlisted images. All money raised will be donated to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
James, the managing director, is also an award-winning photographer. He is hoping that the competition will allow him to meet other keen local photographers and possibly share a few tips along the way.
How will it work, and what do you need to know?
- May 1 – June 30. Email photos to [email protected]
- Alternatively, post to 58a Stamford New Rd, Altrincham, WA14 1EE
- Share pictures. Upload photos (a maximum of six per person) to Instagram, tagging @maguirefamilylaw and @_jamesmaguire with the following #maguirefamilylaw #capturingaltrincham2022 #spring. (For those who do not use social media, do not worry, just send in the photos, and they will still be entered into the competition)
- State your age. Photographers under 18 are very welcome to enter, but please seek permission from a parent or responsible adult
- Judging. A panel of local judges will spend time in July looking at all the entries and selecting the shortlist
- Shortlist announcement. In August, look out for the shortlist announcement. This will be shared via social media and the local press
- Exhibition & Prize Giving. In September, come along to view the shortlist and hear the announcement of the winning three images on the grand opening night. The evening will include a charity raffle and the chance to buy the photography prints. All money raised will be donated to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
- Read the full terms and conditions here.
To find out more, email us at [email protected].